Looking outside, it’s hard to believe that it’s November and the Holiday Season is on the horizon. Before you know it, your social calendar will be full. We hope that you saved December 8th for the CSA Retirees’ Club Annual Christmas Luncheon. We’re back at the Weston Golf & Country Club in their dining room overlooking the golf course. They have a new chef this year who will be preparing a gourmet feast for us, served buffet style.
The CSA Retirees’ Club Executive cordially invites all CSA retirees and one guest, to attend this festive event on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at a cost of $40 per person.
New this year: We will be opening the doors earlier at 11:00 am allowing retirees to gather and grab a coffee before the cash bar opens and lunch is served.
This is always a popular event, so be sure to notify us of your intention to attend ASAP by emailing Terri Smith at email@example.com with your name and your guest’s name The deadline for your reply and payment is Friday, December 2, 2022. Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, December 8, 2022
Place: The Weston Golf & Country Club, 50 St. Phillip’s Road,
(Etobicoke), Toronto. Tel. 416-241-5254
Entrance & Accessibility: Follow driveway on right around to the rear of the building. Passengers can be dropped off right at the door. The venue is fully accessible.
Time: 11:00 am (buffet is served at 12:15pm)
Price: $40.00 per person — includes buffet, taxes and gratuity
Payment: by e-Transfer to Terri (Teresa) Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org (see detailed e-Transfer instructions below) or by alternate form of payment as arranged with Terri. Payment must be made by Friday, December 2, 2022 5pm
Exception: For this event, Honourary Members of the CSA Retirees’ Club (Retirees 80 years of age or older) are invited to attend as “Guests of the Club” for no charge. However, the $40.00 price will apply for their guest.
Drinks: Wine, beer and other refreshments are available at a Cash Bar.
This year’s menu is:
- Assorted Rolls and Whipped Butter
- Baby Kale and Arugula Salad with Roasted Heirloom Beets, Toasted Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Crumbled Chevre and Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Baby Gem Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Smoked Bacon, Focaccia Croutons, Snipped Chives and Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Traditional Shrimp Cocktail with Citrus and Seafood Sauce
- Roasted Salmon Fillet with Mussel Chowder, Shishtos and Fried Capers
- Mushroom and Leek Agnolotti, Pesto Genovese, Cream and Frizzled Leeks
- Roasted Turkey with Cranberry Preserve and Gravy
- Chive Whipped Potatoes
- Honey Roasted Seasonal Squash
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Hard Sauce and Sweet Cream
- Lemon Meringue Tarts
- Assorted Christmas Cookies
- Fruit Platter
- Coffee and Tea
Payment by e-Transfer
Members are requested to send payments using Interac e-Transfer. If you are unable to pay by e-transfer, please contact Terri Smith at 905-276-4460 or by email at email@example.com to arrange another form of payment.
Interac e-Transfer is a convenient way to send money directly from your bank account to the CSA Retirees event organizer. All you need is access to online or mobile banking through a participating financial institution, and you can send money to the event organizer with an email address and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal financial information.
To forward your remittance for the Christmas Luncheon:
- Log in to your financial institution’s online or mobile banking and navigate to Interac e-Transfer Send Money.
- Select the account you would like funds transferred from.
- Add or select a contact and fill out the name and e-mail address of the person to whom you wish to send money. In this case Terri (Teresa) Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Type in the specified amount you are sending ($40 per person), along with a personalized message (mention the event name: i.e. Christmas Luncheon).
- The organizer will receive a notification and can deposit the funds to their account through their online banking.